Phil Pins

From Facebook:

"My dad is with Jesus! He passed away at 9:41am this morning. He's better today than he's ever been and we rejoice!
To the many many people that have prayed, we have been helped by the Lord. God's grace is sufficient and ever so warm because of your prayers on our behalf. Romans 8:26-27 says, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God." As you have prayed for our Dad and for us, the Holy Spirit has answered according to His will. He has graciously made our cups to overflow.
Dad was comfortable and restful his last day and a half at home with us. He left us peacefully and at rest. He was surrounded by Mom, Emily, Bridget, Esther, and I. Our time together as a family around his bed was enriched by the many prayers and well wishes we have received!
It has been a joy for us kids to hear Mom say how much she is overwhelmed by the outpouring of love. She has stated frequently in the last 2-3 days how she felt that her and Dad lived life out of the spot light and she didn't realize there were so many people that were so touched by Dad. Thank you to all who have reached out personally, or by call, text, email, or social media. You have really helped her and also us feel loved beyond what we had anticipated!
There are no firm details yet on when the funeral will be. That will very likely be decided tomorrow. I should be able to post more details tomorrow afternoon for those that would like to attend the funeral.
As was typical of Dad, he prepared for this moment so we wouldn't have to. He paid for and made all the arrangements for his casket, burial, funeral, and headstone over the last 2 years. How loved he has made us feel!
Thank you to the many people that have brought us food; donated cash to help with fuel, food, and other expenses; but most of all to each who has prayed - I don't know how people make it in life or death without a personal and vibrant relationship with Christ. God is always only good!"

From Facebook:

"My dad is with Jesus! He passed away at 9:41am this morning. He's better today than he's ever been and we rejoice!
To the many many people that have prayed, we have been helped by the Lord. God's grace is sufficient and ever so warm because of your prayers on our behalf. Romans 8:26-27 says, "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God." As you have prayed for our Dad and for us, the Holy Spirit has answered according to His will. He has graciously made our cups to overflow.
Dad was comfortable and restful his last day and a half at home with us. He left us peacefully and at rest. He was surrounded by Mom, Emily, Bridget, Esther, and I. Our time together as a family around his bed was enriched by the many prayers and well wishes we have received!
It has been a joy for us kids to hear Mom say how much she is overwhelmed by the outpouring of love. She has stated frequently in the last 2-3 days how she felt that her and Dad lived life out of the spot light and she didn't realize there were so many people that were so touched by Dad. Thank you to all who have reached out personally, or by call, text, email, or social media. You have really helped her and also us feel loved beyond what we had anticipated!
There are no firm details yet on when the funeral will be. That will very likely be decided tomorrow. I should be able to post more details tomorrow afternoon for those that would like to attend the funeral.
As was typical of Dad, he prepared for this moment so we wouldn't have to. He paid for and made all the arrangements for his casket, burial, funeral, and headstone over the last 2 years. How loved he has made us feel!
Thank you to the many people that have brought us food; donated cash to help with fuel, food, and other expenses; but most of all to each who has prayed - I don't know how people make it in life or death without a personal and vibrant relationship with Christ. God is always only good!"
God's grace is very evident in this post.